Author Topic: Windows 8 installation & thoughts  (Read 2523 times)

Offline javajolt

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 36141
  • Gender: Male
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 8 installation & thoughts
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »
I have had Windows 8 Release Preview Build 8400 x64 installed now for approximately 1 hour.  The installation was very fast about 15 minutes from start to restart.  My impression right now is "Excellent" so far it has been very fast and easy to setup, find things and maneuver around.

So far IE 10 is Awesome, all I need to figure is how to enlarge the text since there is NO Menu Bar present.  Found it...With IE 10 open move your  mouse to the upper or lower right corner of your monitor which will bring up the "Charms Bar" simply click on the "Gear"  Icon and this will open IE 10 Settings. Then mke whatever adjustments necessary.

Below are some images I took and I apologize in advance for the terrible pictures, as all I had handy was my Windows Phone.  I loaned my camera to a friend for the Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary last weekend and have not gotten it back yet.








as you can see the key screen appears quickly in the installation process


Product Key:   TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF










restarted here






as you can see I dual booted












signed in with my live account information


sign in info with alternate email address

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:06:41 AM by javajolt »


Offline DMHolt57

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
  • Gender: Male
Windows 8 installation & thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 02:46:43 AM »
Did you notice your WEI came up a few points?

Offline javajolt

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 36141
  • Gender: Male
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 8 installation & thoughts
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:25:57 AM »
System Rating is not yet available in W8.  Maybe I should ask what WEI is?

I haven't looked, but I will.  However I am not sure what it was on W7...Oops!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:30:50 AM by javajolt »


Offline DMHolt57

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
  • Gender: Male
Windows 8 installation & thoughts
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:45:58 AM »
Windows Experience Index... Control Panel, System......  8)

Offline javajolt

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 36141
  • Gender: Male
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 8 installation & thoughts
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 04:54:26 AM »
Thats what I thought and it is now called "System Rating" and it is not available in this Build.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:59:55 AM by javajolt »


Offline DMHolt57

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
  • Gender: Male
Windows 8 installation & thoughts
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »
It is showing here...  :)