Author Topic: CeBIT 2013: ASUS TAICHI 21 a slightly pricey alternative to the Surface Pro  (Read 3542 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email

The ASUS Taichi 21 is a Windows 8 convertible device, which features two screens. One screen in regular notebook mode, along with a touchscreen on the outside that allows you to use the PC as a tablet. Engadget has a great review of this device and we recommend checking it out.

One of our correspondents attended the event and had positive things to say about the device, even saying that it was better than the Surface Pro. "Asus Taichi Notebook was amazing. It had a touchscreen on the outside of the monitor with FULL-HD, so it can be used as a tablet. And when you opened it, it had a FULL-HD Display as well and it could be used as a normal notebook," our correspondent stated.

The specs on the device? It comes with a Intel Core i7 3517U or i5 3317U processor, Intel QS77 Express Chipset, DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 11.6" 16:9 Full HD (1920x1080), Intel HD Graphics 4000, SATA III SSD with either 128GB or 256GB, HD Web Cam, 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless, and Bluetooth capability.

The Surface Pro, on the other hand, has a 10.6 inch display, with a 1920x1080 screen resolution. The Surface Pro is also .53in thick and weighs just about 2 pounds. The device runs on a third generation Intel Core i5 processor, powered by Windows 8 Pro. The Surface Pro also comes with integrated HD Graphics 400 and 4GB of RAM.

Pricing will be starting at 1300 Euro or $1,299 for the 11.6 inch. While the device is a bit more pricey compared to the Surface Pro, it offers a good alternative in terms of specs.