Author Topic: PS5: The Ultimate FAQ 2/5  (Read 57 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email
PS5: The Ultimate FAQ 2/5
« on: November 10, 2020, 04:10:31 PM »

The DualSense Wireless Controller

What are the differences between the DualSense wireless controller and the DualShock 4 wireless controller?

The DualSense wireless controller elevates the way players engage with games. That’s thanks to several immersive next-generation features, including haptic feedback technology and adaptive triggers.

Both haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are designed to produce powerful tactile sensations that deepen player immersion and increase gaming interactivity.

Learn more about the DualSense wireless controller here.

What are the physical dimensions and weight of the DualSense wireless controller?

The DualSense wireless controller measures approximately 160mm x 66mm x 106mm (width x height x depth), excluding the largest projection. It weighs approximately 280g.

How does the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback technology work?

Next-generation haptic feedback replaces traditional “rumble” features with dual actuators, offering a more immersive suite of powerful physical sensations. We expect those game developers will find many interesting and useful ways to tap into DualSense wireless controller’s unique haptic capabilities, from deepening player immersion to communicating various gameplay states, and much more.

Players will be able to reduce the effect or disable the feature if they prefer.

How does the haptic feedback intensity of the DualSense wireless controller compare to the “rumble” feature from the DualShock 4 wireless controller?

In the case of traditional “rumble” technology, two small motors spin in order to create a vibrating or shaking sensation that can increase immersion.

The DualSense wireless controller’s next-generation haptic technology uses dual actuators instead of motors, and the results are quicker, more precise, and far more tactile. These haptic effects can produce a far wider range of physical sensations, from gentle pulsing centered in a specific part of the controller, to more robust physical effects.

When playing a PS4 game on PS5, the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic effects will simulate the “rumble” effects of the DualShock 4 wireless controller. Players interested in experiencing the PS4 game’s original “rumble” effects can use a DualShock 4 wireless controller to play PS4 games on their PS5. For games that require a front-facing lightbar, the DualShock 4 wireless controller is required.

For the best PS VR experience on PS5, we recommend using a DualShock 4 wireless controller. Selected games may require PlayStation Move motion controllers or be compatible with the PlayStation VR Aim controller.

Players will need to use a DualSense wireless controller to play PS5 games.

What are in-game examples of the haptic feedback used by the DualSense wireless controller?

Examples include the feeling of metal striking metal in Demon’s Souls or feeling the texture of the surface Astro runs across in Astro’s Playroom. There are plenty of other examples you can read here, straight from PS5 game developers.

How do adaptive triggers work?

The new adaptive triggers – incorporated into the L2 and R2 buttons – can create powerful, real-time trigger effects that simulate your in-game actions. For example, a player could pull a bowstring in a game and feel the resistance as the string grows taut. Or they could press the brake pedal in a driving game and feel the resistance as they steer around a tight curve. Read other examples here, straight from PS5 game developers.

Developers can independently program the resistance of each trigger, so we’re expecting to see some pretty creative implementations once PS5 launches!

Players will be able to reduce or disable the trigger effects if they prefer. If a game doesn’t use the feature, the L2 and R2 buttons behave similarly to the buttons on the DualShock 4 wireless controller.

Does the DualSense wireless controller include a built-in speaker?

Yes, the DualSense wireless controller’s integrated microphone array and built-in echo cancellation will enable players to quickly chat with friends without setting up a headset – ideal for jumping into a quick conversation with a friend. But if you’re planning to chat for an extended period, you may want to have a headset handy.

A mute button on the front of the DualSense wireless controller will allow users to toggle the mic on and off. A short button press will mute or unmute the controller mic, as well as the mic on a wired headset or USB headset, while a long press will mute the mic input as well as all PS5 audio output from your connected TV, speakers, or headset.

Does the DualSense wireless controller have a headset jack?

Yes, the DualSense wireless controller’s integrated headset jack will allow players to plug in a headset, earbuds, or another compatible audio device, similar to PS4. Players can also connect a wired headset and chat with friends in multiplayer games.

Will PS5 or the DualSense wireless controller support voice dictation?

Yes, players will be able to use dictation features to type messages or enter phrases for search, using either the DualSense wireless controller’s mic or a headset mic. At launch, supported languages include Japanese, US English, UK English, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, French, Canadian French, Italian, and German.

Does the DualSense wireless controller feature motion controls?

Yes, the controller features an integrated six-axis motion sensing system (a three-axis gyroscope and a three-axis accelerometer).

Does the touchpad on the DualSense wireless controller have any new capabilities?

The touchpad is now slightly larger and easier for players to reach. The touchpad also features a light bar that can be used to show controller status and can display various colors to communicate gameplay status, similar to what you may have experienced with the DualShock 4 wireless controller.

Does the DualSense wireless controller have a ‘Share’ button?

Yes, the Create button is designed to build upon the success of our industry-first Share button. With the Create button, we’re once again empowering players to create engaging gameplay content to share with the world, or just to enjoy for themselves.

Does the DualSense wireless controller have a light bar?

Yes, the DualSense wireless controller features player-facing light bars. For PS4 games that require a forward-facing lightbar and are playable on PS5, players will need to use a DualShock 4 wireless controller for gameplay. For the best PS VR experience on PS5, we recommend using a DualShock 4 wireless controller. Selected games may require PlayStation Move motion controllers or be compatible with the PlayStation VR Aim controller.

The light bars on the DualSense wireless controller lay to the right and left of the touchpad, and can display various colors to communicate gameplay status, similar to what you may have experienced with the DualShock 4 wireless controller.

Below the touchpad, the player indicator will communicate which player you are — useful when playing locally with other people.

Will the DualSense wireless controller have improved input latency compared to the DualShock 4 controller?

Input latency has been optimized on the DualSense wireless controller compared to the DualShock 4 wireless controller.

Will the DualSense controller support any accessibility options?

Yes, PS5 players will be able to reduce or disable the force of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. Players can also remap buttons on the controller. And the DualSense wireless controller’s integrated microphone allows for voice dictation features, making it easier for players to search for content with their voice.

To learn more about other accessibility features available for PS5, read below.

How do I charge the DualSense wireless controller?

The DualSense wireless controller can be charged in two main ways. One is via the USB Type-C® port, which players can connect to PS5 (or a compatible charging device) using the included USB cable.

Additionally, the DualSense Charging Station (sold separately) can charge up to two controllers simultaneously.

How long will the DualSense controller last on a full charge? How long will it take to recharge?

Under most conditions, battery life is expected to be similar to the DualShock 4 wireless controller. Recharging time when connected to PS5 or the DualSense Charging Station is estimated at approximately three hours.

How many DualSense controllers can be connected to PS5 at any one time?

Up to four DualSense controllers can be connected to one PS5 at a time. When playing with multiple players locally, the DualSense wireless controller’s player indicator (located just under the touchpad) will communicate with which player you are.

Can I connect the DualSense wireless controller to my PS5 via a USB cable, and play it in a “wired” mode?

Yes, the DualSense controller operates in a wireless mode using Bluetooth 5.1, or in a “wired” USB mode by connecting it directly to the PS5 using the included USB cable.

Does the DualSense wireless controller come in black (or any other color)?

In the future, other colors will become available. But there are no announcements to share at this time.

Can I use the DualSense wireless controller with my PS4 console?

The DualSense wireless controller is not compatible with the PS4 console.

Can I use my existing DualShock 4 wireless controller with my PS5?

For PS4 games played on PS5, players can use either the DualShock 4 wireless controller or the DualSense wireless controller.

PS5 games will require the use of the DualSense wireless controller, as they have been designed to take advantage of its immersive new features.

For the best PS VR experience on PS5, we recommend using a DualShock 4 wireless controller. Select games may require PlayStation Move motion controllers or be compatible with the PlayStation VR Aim controller. The new HD Camera for PS5 is not compatible with PS VR.

PS VR games will also require the PS Camera (PS4) and the PS camera adaptor. Click here for more information.

Can I use the DualSense wireless controller with my PC?

Remote Play on PC supports the DualSense wireless controller via a USB wired connection.

Can I use third-party controllers, like the SCUF Vantage or Astro C40 TR, with PS5?

Existing “specialty” controllers that are designed for and licensed for the PS4 console, such as steering wheel controllers and arcade fight sticks, will work on PS5 if the PS5 or PS4 game supports it.

Licensed PS4 controllers with a standard gamepad form factor, such as the SCUF Vantage and Astro C40 TR, will work with PS4 games played on PS5. They are not supported for playing PS5 games.

How do I pair a DualSense wireless controller to PS5?

Pairing is easy: just connect the DualSense wireless controller to PS5 using the included USB cable, and turn on the controller by pressing the PS button.

What headsets are compatible with the DualSense wireless controller’s headset jack?

Headsets that can be connected via the headset jack are supported.

Games

PS5 Games

What games will be available for purchase on PS5’s launch day?

See below for the latest list of titles currently scheduled for the rest of 2020. This list is a work-in-progress and may change. These titles will be available on November 12 or November 19, depending on the region.

SIE Worldwide Studios Games: Launch Day

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) (Pre-installed on PS5)

• Demon’s Souls (SIE Worldwide Studios, Bluepoint Games)

• Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)

• Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (included with Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition)
     (Insomniac Games)

• Sackboy: A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital)

SIE Worldwide Studios Games: Also in Development

Also confirmed to be in development from Worldwide Studios: Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games), Returnal (Housemarque Games), Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla), Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games), Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital), and the next entry in the God of War series (Santa Monica Studio)

Third-Party Games: Launch Day

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)

• Borderlands 3 (2K)

• Bugsnax (Young Horses)

• Note: available at launch on PlayStation 5 to PlayStation Plus subscribers at no extra cost until January
         4, 2021, except in China and Saudi Arabia.

• Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Activision) (November 13)

• Dead by Daylight (Behaviour Interactive)

• Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (Capcom)

• Dirt 5 (Codemasters)

• Fortnite (Epic Games)

• Godfall (Gearbox Publishing)

• Goonya Fighter (Mutan)

• King Oddball (10Tons Ltd)

• Maneater (Tripwire Interactive)

• NBA 2K21 (2K)

• No Man’s Sky (Hello Games)

• Observer: System Redux (Bloober)

• Overcooked! All You Can Eat (Team 17)

• The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive)

• Planet Coaster (Frontier)

• Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition (Nacon) (Digital all countries except China & Japan. Early
      2021 for Japan)

• Watch Dogs: Legion (Ubisoft)

• WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Nacon) (Digital countries except for China & Japan. Early
      2021 for Japan)

What other PS5 games are confirmed to be in development?

There are a large number of games confirmed to be in development for PS5, too many to fully list here. Please keep checking PlayStation.Blog and PlayStation.com for updates on future releases.

Is there a difference in performance if I choose to install a PS5 game from a Blu-ray Disc, versus purchasing it digitally and downloading it?

No, once the game installs to the ultra-high-speed SSD, the performance will be identical whether you installed the game via Blu-ray Disc or downloaded it via PlayStation Store.

Can I suspend a PS5 game and resume it from where I paused?

Much like on the PS4 console, if you have a game running and you put your PS5 in rest mode or start a media app, the game will resume where you left off once you’re ready to play again.

If you start up a second PS5 game or fully power off the console, the first game you were playing will automatically close, and won’t automatically resume from your previous moment of gameplay. However, thanks to PS5’s ultra-high-speed SSD, you will be able to load back into your installed PS5 game quickly and get right back to playing.

Are PS5 games region-locked?

No.

Can I access my digital game collection from any PS5? If so, how?

Players can log in to any console with your PlayStation account and access their content while logged in. This is easy to do using the new PlayStation App for mobile devices, which allows players to sign in to a console from the app without having to enter your password on the screen with a controller.

Will my PS5 Trophy list be separate from my other PS Trophies?

Trophy lists will combine PS3, PS Vita, PS4, and PS5 Trophies sorted chronologically by order of most recently unlocked.

Trophies have recently seen other updates – read up on the new details here.

Are there any changes to refunds on digital purchases? Will they be different if I purchase a PS5 Digital Edition console?

PlayStation Store refund and cancellation policies will remain the same. For more information on United States policies for digital purchases, please visit: http://support.playstation.com/s/article/Requesting-a-Refund

Playing PS4 Games on PS5

Can I play PS4 games on PS5?

Yes. When the PlayStation 5 console launches this November, more than 99 percent of the 4000+ games available on PS4 will be playable on it.

Learn more about playing PS4 games on PS5 here.

Will PS4 games benefit from playing on PS5?

Yes. Select PS4 games will see increased loading speeds when played on PS5, and will also leverage Game Boost, offering improved or more stable framerates. Some games with unlocked framerates or dynamic resolution up to 4K may see higher fidelity.

On PS5, PS4 games benefit from Game Boost automatically, and it doesn’t need to be toggled on or off like PS4 Pro’s Boost Mode feature. Additionally, PS4 games will also take advantage of some of PS5’s new UX features.

Additionally, if a PS4 game supported PS4 Pro enhancements such as improved graphics, higher resolutions, or increased performance and framerates, these will be available in the PS5 gameplay experience.

Learn more about playing PS4 games on PS5 here.

Does PS5’s ultra-high-speed SSD provide any benefit for playing PS4 or PlayStation VR games?

PS4 and PlayStation VR games will load more quickly when stored on and played from PS5’s internal SSD, but they won’t leverage the full next-generation capabilities of the SSD.

Can I play PS4 games from a USB drive?

Yes. Storing PS4 games and playing them off a USB drive is a great way to access PS4 games on PS5 and enable easy access to PS4 games without needing to use any of PS5’s internal storage. We recommend doing this to save space on the internal console storage for PS5 games, which can’t be played off an extended storage drive.

Players can also set a system preference on PS5 that will, by default, install all PS4 games (including digital purchases from PlayStation Store, and game data from Blu-ray discs) and future game patches directly to a connected USB drive.

Note: Not all USB drives will work with PS5. An extended storage drive can’t be used through a USB hub, and two or more extended storage drives can’t be connected to PS5 at the same time.

Is there a particular type of USB drive I should use for storing PS4 games for play on my PS5?

Use a SuperSpeed USB or faster (USB 3.0 or later) storage drive with 250 GB minimum and 8 TB maximum capacity, formatted for exFAT (note: PS5 can format a connected compatible USB drive for exFAT). Devices with a faster specification may result in shorter load times for PS4 games stored on the drive.