Author Topic: Syncing Internet Explorer 11 Tabs and More Between Windows 8.1 Systems  (Read 783 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email
Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 finally allow the ability to sync tabs across other 8.1 systems. This is a feature Google Chrome and Firefox users have enjoyed for quite some time already. The syncing process uses SkyDrive which is integrated into the new OS much better, here’s how to set it up.

Sync IE 11 Tabs in Windows 8.1

From the Start screen just type: sync settings and select Sync Settings under the results.

On the next screen select Sync Settings again.

Now make sure “Sync Settings on this PC” is turned on.

After scrolling down further and under the Other Settings section turn on “Web Browser: My Favorites, Open Tabs, Home Pages, History, and Settings.” Then for each Windows 8.1 PC or device you have that you want to sync IE settings with.

Now when you need to see open tabs on another Windows 8.1 system in the modern version of IE 11, right-click on the page and select the system you want to see the open tabs from. Favorites, home page history, and settings will be synced as well. In this example I‘ve selected the open tabs on my Surface RT.