Author Topic: Windows 7 SP1 Installs Causing Some “fatal errors”  (Read 1727 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email
Windows 7 SP1 Installs Causing Some “fatal errors”
« on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:02 AM »
The first service pack for Windows 7 has been available for nearly a month at this stage and by and large I think the roll out went without too many problems for most users. That was until today when I stumbled across a post on The Register.

Apparently a rake of “fatal errors” are hampering Windows 7 computers that have been updated since Microsoft released the first service pack. There are plenty of cases on forums where Windows 7 PC’s are booting with error messages and many users have had to rebuild their machines.

One Register reader, who has seen the errors appear on 15 machines had this to say;

Basically, if you have an OEM machine connected to a server running WSUS [Windows Server Update Services] with the default settings it offers and installs SP1 automatically. This is killing machines and stopping them booting with a C00000034 fatal error

He also adds that Windows 7 SP1 deletes all restore points on your machine just before it begins to install, so you have no recovery points.

Some users have also reported falling into a reboot loop and encounter the error message Error C000009A applying update operation 120782 of 367890.

The Microsoft forums and message boards have plenty to report on these issues which you can see here and here

Despite all these complaints, Microsoft still hadn’t figured out where it all went wrong until a couple of days ago. They’ve since issued a fix which will hopefully solve the error code 0xc0000034.

Microsoft really want to be careful with this situation. They really should have tested Windows 7 SP1 in all situations to make sure nothing like this would have occurred. I feel they may have been rushing it out and that could have caused some of these slip ups. There’s no point in rushing out a first service pack if it’s just going to cause trouble, but I believe that reports like this can often be blown out of proportion somewhat.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:41:05 AM by javajolt »

Offline Snuffy

• Email
Re: Windows 7 SP1 Installs Causing Some “fatal errors”
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:00:12 PM »
M$ is becoming sort of like the 3 stooges ..... Today the last of my "ERRORS-Bug Reports" that M$ says they can not reproduce.... has been moved to "Fixed".
I still get many many emails from folks on How to FIX - this CRAP... Live.Mail has a very nasty habit of corruptions. Live Mail is full of millions of why on photos.
and seems it is all the People faults.... your to click Phot Email to insure...(WTF) M$ needs Bill Gates back, and they should FIRE all the morons that are current employed on specific very special projects.... very poorly written or not written "How To".  Windows 7 SP1 is almost as SHITTY as Vista... not quite but fastly becomming - NO WAY - back to XP...
IE9 is also not much better.... seems that many of the customizeable items in IE9 and SP1, well sort of get lost and M$ gives an update (ask for or not) and everything reverts back to RTM. (Mostly to send a ERROR Report or Failure or BUG Report and be a Beta Tester- is CRAP) like Sign all the (BAN WEAPONS) and own a Gun Shop while you Bitch about Illegal Aliens and then pay them super low wages ...

I for one being a M$ Beta Tester, HIGHLY Recommend you Download the STANDALONE Version os SP1. then install from your choice of
1. USB
2. CD-DVD
3. HDD
of every system I have updated 0 Failure on StandALone install9 n 9 problems with Auto Update from MS.....
PS: I made a Image to ReInstall from before I attemped the Auto Upate.............  12 n 12 100% perfect.
PSS: M$ tells me they can not DUPLICATE the SCREWUP.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:48:18 AM by Snuffy »
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.