Author Topic: Installing Windows Service Pack 1 on a scripted platform  (Read 1990 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email
Installing Windows Service Pack 1 on a scripted platform
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
I have recently completed the installation of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 via Windows update on a test platform using the script and loader activation method.  The download and installation took approximately 50 minutes and weighed  in at 61.5MB.

The installation went well and after restarting there was no apparent issues with the activation as you will see from the images below.

sorry for these images I had to use my cell phone, as my digital camera was in need of charging.

winver

activation

After installation and restarting the system, then checking for further updates, I noticed 34 languages pack were there to install as needed. If no languages are needed simply right click each one and then click on hide (the second option)

I have since retarted several time and all appears to be running smoothly.

Offline xpac

• Email
Re: Installing Windows Service Pack 1 on a scripted platform
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »
As of now I have'nt install SP1. But now I will try it bec as you said above you restarted several times and all appears to be running smoothly. But 1 question remain in mind, does the WAT included in SP1? Cause I'd never installed that update.
I used a loader to activate my Win7 its an old loader that i used I cant remember what version it is. Is it defends on which type of loader used to install SP1? Or I'll just stick to windows update and not to SP1?

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email
Re: Installing Windows Service Pack 1 on a scripted platform
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
SP1 is NOT a critical install and can be postponed just make sure your update preferences are not set to automatically install updates.

Your update preferences should be set to Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them. anyway as this allows you to pick and choose at will.

Running the script on a system requires the installation of KB971033 since the script prevents KB971033 from running once installed.  After that I believe you can run your choice of loaders.

I have had great success using the combination of the script and w7lxe-loader.

Here is the script and instructions once again;

1. Disconnect from the internet (unplug cable and disable any wireless)

2. Install the leaked update (x86 is for 32-bit, and x64 is for 64-bit)

3. After you install the update and before you restart the computer, go to All Programs -> Accessories and right click on Command Prompt and run it as administrator.

4. Copy, paste and run the following command:

takeown /f "%windir%\System32\Wat\*"

5. After running that command, copy, paste and run the next command:

icacls "%windir%\System32\Wat\*" /deny *S-1-1-0:F

6. Type exit to close the command prompt

7. You are now protected from the update and can reconnect to the internet

Follow the instructions verbatim and there will not be any issues.