Author Topic: IFA 2016: Acer Debuts Spin Lineup of Convertible Laptops, Ranging From 11.6 inch  (Read 632 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
    • Email
Acer started the announcements today at IFA 2016, with a series of convertible laptops, from the Spin series. Those include entry level units and Core i7 powerhouses, all of them with touchscreens and 360 degree hinges. Variety is the key word here.

The Acer Spin 7 is the highest end model of the bunch, with a 14 inch Full HD screen with Gorilla Glass 4 protection. It also has a weight of 2.65 pounds and measures 0.43 inches in thickness. This device uses an all metal case, a 4.5 watt Intel Core i7-7Y75 processor and it should provide up to 8 hours of battery life, plus 8 GB of RAm and 256 GB of SSD storage.

A matte black case is in the mix, with polished silver hinges and two USB 3.1 Type C ports, as well as a glass touchpad. The device is priced at $1,199 and it’s expected in North America in October.

Then comes Acer Spin 5, with a 1.3 inch screen and a $599 price tag. It’ll come to North America in October and in Europe in September. Packing a Core i3 or Core i5 CPU and up to 16 GB of RAM, this device has 512 GB of SSD storage and it’ll ship with Kaby Lake chips in some areas and Skylake chipsets in others. Specs include a Full HD IPS touchscreen and an active digitizer, with support for the optional Acer Active Pen. 10 hours of battery life are promised.

The Acer Spin 1 is the entry level laptop of the group with 11.6 inch and 13.3 inch versions. Resolutions are 1366 x 768 and 1920 x 1080 pixels respectively. These laptops will come with Celeron and Pentium Apollo Lake CPUs, up to 8 GB of RAM, up to 1 TB of HDD or up to 64 GB of eMMC flash storage. The 11.6 incher should offer up to 9 hours of battery and the price is around $249.

source:tablet-news